Admission to the Program: Open
- Complete an application for admission and, if desired, apply for financial aid.
- Send an official high school transcript or GED score report to the Admissions and Records Office.
- Complete the placement exam.
- Meet with an advisor/counselor to select classes and complete the registration process.
Information and Communication Technology Course Completion Requirement
For credit toward degree requirements, all ICT courses must have been completed during the five school years preceding conference of the degree or must have the approval of the Associate Dean of Career, Technical, and Health Education Programs or Program Coordinator.
*NOTE: Computer Technician Certificate conferred upon successful completion of the required 26 hours contained in the first and second semesters of this program. A.A.S. Degree conferred upon successful completion of all 70 required hours.
Department of Career, Technical & Health Education
2400 Tom L. Wilson Blvd.
Galesburg, IL 61401
For Additional Information Contact:
The Welcome Center
For Graduation Requirements:
See the graduation policies and procedures page for details.
|Fall Semester||Semester Hours|
|BOC.107||Tech Skills for Business Environment||3|
|ICT.110||Computer Software Applications||3|
|ICT.125||Foundations of Information Technology||3|
|ICT.170||Hardware Installation & Maintenance||3|
|ICT.180||Windows Networking & Operating System||3|
|ICT.160||Introduction to Internetworking||3|
|ICT.182||Implementing Ms Network Infrastructure||3|
|Total Semester Hours||26|
- Successful completion of this Certificate also completes the first year of the IT LAN & Security Specialist AAS degree