The mission of Carl Sandburg College is to provide all students with opportunities for success.
Where dreams come to life, and lives come to change.
In its efforts to be a premier learning and teaching institution, Carl Sandburg College is dedicated to fulfilling the following major functions:
- Provide associate degree-level education consisting of liberal arts, sciences, and pre-professional fields designed to prepare students for transfer to baccalaureate-granting institutions;
- Provide business, technical, and professional education that offers associate degrees, certificates, courses, workshops, and seminars designed for career, entry-level employment, retraining, and/or upgrading of skills to meet current and emerging employment needs and trends;
- Provide courses and programs designed to assist academically underprepared students to be successful in their next level of education;
- Provide activities designed to meet the lifelong educational needs and interests of individuals throughout the district;
- Provide services designed to meet the needs of the student population including recruitment, admissions, registration, assessment, counseling, tutoring, career planning, academic advisement, financial aid, job placement, co-curricular activities, and inter-collegiate athletics;
- Provide programs and services designed to meet the customized continuing education and technical assistance needs of individuals, businesses, industries, and community organizations;
- Serve as a center for cultural and intellectual development.