Illinois Community College District No. 518
2400 Tom L. Wilson Blvd.
Galesburg, IL 61401
305 Sandburg Dr. Carthage, IL 62321
Published by Carl Sandburg College
Galesburg, IL 61401
Illinois Board of Higher Education; Illinois Community College Board; Illinois Department of Adult, Vocational, and Technical Education; Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation; Illinois State Scholarship Commission; United States Department of Education.
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
Commission on Institutions of Higher Education
Membership and Recognition
Carl Sandburg College is a member of: Alliance Library System; American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers; American Association of Community and Junior Colleges; American Board of Funeral Service Education; American Library Association; American Technical Education Association; Arrowhead Athletic Conference; Association of College and Research Libraries; Association of Community College Trustees; Central Illinois Association for Developmental Education; Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries in Illinois; Council for Opportunity in Education; Council of North Central Junior Colleges; Heart of Illinois Library Consortium; Illinois Association of Beauty Culture Schools; Illinois Association of College Admissions Counselors; Illinois Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers ; Illinois Committee on Black Concerns in Higher Education; Illinois Community College Admissions and Records Officers Organization; Illinois Community College Faculty Association; College Placement Council; Illinois Community College Student Activities Association; Illinois Community College Trustees Association; Illinois Consortium of International Studies and Programs; Illinois Library Association; Illinois Mathematics Association of Community Colleges; Illinois Online Community Colleges; Illinois Online Network; Illinois State Historical Society; Illinois Virtual Campus; National Association for Developmental Education; National Association of Foreign Student Advisors; National Association of Public Schools of Adult Education; National Junior College Athletic Association; National League for Nursing; National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission; Northern Illinois Learning Resources Cooperative; National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators; Online Computer Library Center.
All students are expected to familiarize themselves with the provisions of this Catalog. Enrollment at Carl Sandburg College implies an understanding and acceptance by the student of an obligation to abide by the academic, administrative and social regulations of the College. Failure to read and comply with college regulations does not exempt a student from such responsibility. Keep this catalog as a reference for graduation requirements in Associate Degree Programs and Certificates.
Any student who wishes to examine the policies of the College should see the Vice President of Student Services.
Student Equal Opportunity Regulation
It is the regulation of Carl Sandburg College that a student's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or status in any group protected by applicable federal, state or local law (unless a part of a College affirmative action initiative) shall not be a basis for determining:
- Whether the student will be admitted to the College;
- The educational performance required or expected of the student;
- The attendance or assignment requirements applicable to the student;
- To what courses, fields of study or programs, including honor and graduate program, the student will be admitted;
- What placement of course proficiency requirements are applicable to the student;
- The quality of instruction the student will receive;
- What tuition or fee requirements are applicable to the student;
- What scholarship opportunities are available to the student;
- What extracurricular teams the student will be a member of or in what extracurricular competitions the student will participate;
- Any grade the student will receive in any examination or in any course or program of instruction in which the student is enrolled;
- The progress of the student toward successful completion of or graduation from any course or program of instruction in which the student is enrolled; or
What degree, if any, the student will receive. Questions or concerns should be addressed to the Dean of Student Support Services during regular business hours.
The College reserves the right to change, without notice, any information in this catalog.
This catalog is for information purposes and does not constitute a contract.